Large hanging library lamp. Has a floral decorated glass dome shade with cut glass prisms and circular frame of copper held by an ornate vertical frame of copper. The lamp hangs by four adjustable chains joined by two side medallions from an intricate copper crown bracket with cut glass prisms; the crown bracket in turn is attached to a heavy copper ceiling fixture on which the chain is wound for spring extension. Originally a kerosene lamp. it was converted to electricity. Has glass fount for kerosene and a glass chimney. Made in the U.S. A. by P. & A. Manufacturing Company, Waterbury, Connecticut. A similar hanging lamp in the 1897 Sears Roebuck catalog sold for $4.95.