|Caption||Hutchinson, MN Power House c.1909|
|Scope & Content||
Color photographic postcard of Hutchinson, MN c.1909 looking northeast from what is Girl Scout Park in February 2013.
The smokestack on the right, between two Power House buildings, is the Power House built in 1909.
The 1909 Power House, pre-dates the 1937 Municipal Electric Plant, at the corner of Highway 7 and Main Street, which is still in use in February 2013. The left smokestack is part of the Ames Flour Mill.
The back of the postcard has printing: Published for E.P.J. Harms, by Bloom Bros., Importers, Minneapolis, Minn. No. 30728. Made in Germany. Stamp area has location for One Cent United States postage; Two Cents for Foreign.
Ames Mill, Hutchinson, MN
Hutchinson Flouring Mills
Hutchinson Power House
Hutchinson Municipal Electric Plant
Flour & meal industry