|Caption||Lincoln Park, Glencoe-postcard|
|Scope & Content||
Tinted photographic postcard of Lincoln Park, Glencoe, located between Ford and Elliot Aves, South of 9th St. This was the first park in Glencoe, purchased originally for a courthouse site and designated as Lincoln Park in 1898. The plan for this park was drawn by Miss Lathe Paine and included a three tiered fountain in a concrete pool; also gravel pathways lined with trees, metal benches and an enclosed, wood frame, band stand. The band stand would be destroyed by fire and replaced with a concrete structure, which was also removed.
The card is addressed to Mr. Jakie Johnson, Rt1 Glencoe. The Franklin one cent stamp is hand cancelled with no date or place. The message mentions compliments received and cards not sent. The card is signed Jess.
Lincoln Park, Glencoe
Glencoe, Minnesota parks