|Caption||Chamberlain Road Machine Co., Hutchinson, MN|
|Scope & Content||
Black and white photographic postcard of the Chamberlain Road Machine Company's wood sided buildings in Hutchinson, MN. A tall utility pole and railroad tracks are in the foreground. No postage stamp.
The Chamberlain Road Machine Company was founded in 1905 in Minneapolis by David Henry Chamberlain. In the fall of 1910 he moved the firm to Hutchinson. The company made road graders, blades, and drags from its five buildings at 139-145 Erie Street, near the Great Northern tracks. The site was later sold to Ben Jerabek, who in 1935 opened the Jerabek Machine Shop and also offered Caterpillar Sales and Service.
Chamberlain Road Machine Company, Hutchinson, MN